Popping Out A Website For Kettlicious Kettle Corn!
There’s only one word to describe this project – FUN! Fun people, fun product, fun photos and just a fun site to work on!
I was excited when Chris Tredinnick contacted me about creating a website for KettliciousKettleCorn.com. Chris and his partner, DiAnna Hudson, aka the Cornstars, have mastered the art of popping perfect kettle corn. They pop their corn at local events & festivities and they also sell their kettle corn online to customers who just want to enjoy a bag for themselves or send as a thank you gift to a friend, associate or family member.
Platform, Plugins & Theme
KettliciousKettleCorn.com is built on the WordPress platform using the SmallBiz Theme by Expand2Web. We used the responsive Drag & Drop Builder layout in the theme. Even though the layout is responsive, we also used the mobile layout as it just seemed to look and work better for visitors using a smartphone.
The Standard Plugins We Used
- Aksimet – an anti-spam plugin used to block unwanted spam comments
- BackupBuddy – backs up the site and stores a copy on Amazon S3
- Google XML Sitemaps – creates and sends a sitemap to the search engines
- Simple Login Lockdown – an added layer of security to lock out hacker attempts
Addtional Plugins for Added Functionality
- Gravity Forms – allows for custom form creation
- Gravity Forms PayPal Add-On – integrates PayPal and Gravity Forms
- Lizatom Shortcodes – added styling options
- NextGen Gallery – photo gallery plugin
- Subscribe/Connect/Follow Widget – allows visitors to connect and follow your on your site and social networks
- WP eStore – this plugin easily adds the ability to sell products from your site
If you haven’t already, please stop by Kettlicious Kettle Corn and grab a bag and eat yourself happy!